OUR COMMITMENT TO
As part of our commitment to the health and well-being of our patients, this practice is dedicated to offering annual influenza vaccination, as well as complete and up-to-date information on influenza, commonly called the flu.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now recommends annualannual influenza vaccination for all people age 6 months and older.
Influenza vaccination is an essential part of good preventive healthcare; this practice promotes vaccination because:
* Influenza is an infectious disease that can cause a range of symptoms and effects ranging from mild to severe illnesses to life-threatening complications, even in healthy children or adults
* Millions of Americans get influenza each year; the disease is highly contagious and can spread easily from person to person
* More than 200,000 people, including 20,000 children, are hospitalized each year from influenza-related complications
* The influenza vaccine meets FDA safety standards; each batch of vaccine is carefully tested before it is released and millions receive the vaccine each year
* The best way to protect yourself and your family from this infectious disease is to get vaccinated
If we don’t remind you about annual flu vaccination for yourself and your family, please remind us.
If you have any questions about flu vaccination, we encourage you to ask.